LIGHTS! CAMERA! SUSTAINABILITY! AN 60 SECOND ECO FILM CONTEST FOR EVERYONE!
GREEN BEAT 60’S PURPOSE
Green Beat 60 has been created to showcase, nurture and support video makers who use the latest technology from mobile devices, GoPro or DSLR camera to create stories about sustainability, plastics, waste management, marine conservation and green themed.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Anyone! Teams from schools, colleges, universities, families, hotels and hospitality organisations, associations and independent persons are all encouraged to submit a video – in South East Asia region only.
WHAT TO SUBMIT?
A story or message that has made a meaningful change in the community you are in, any environmental protection or climate change initiatives such as solving waste solutions or sustainable efforts you are making at home. Narratives and documentaries in a short 60-second video form. Sketches, skits, blogs and music videos are also acceptable.
Short 60-second videos produced on mobile phones, tablets, GoPro or DSLR cameras. Emphasis should be on compelling stories that are simple and not overblown. Green Beat 60 showcases the finest and most creative amateur videos by budding filmmakers of all backgrounds and skill levels.
To showcase 1,000 industry leaders and change makers attending PHIST 2019 that now, more than ever, video makers are in control of their own stories about sustainability and the environmental changes we all face.
HOW TO SUBMIT?
All videos submitted must be shot on a mobile device (Smartphone or iPad), GoPro or DSLR camera. If your movie includes scenes from drone shots, they will be accepted.
INTERNATIONAL SUBMISSIONS ARE WELCOMED.
Films will be judged and presented in six video maker categories:
1. School (pre-Teens)
2. School (Teens)
4. Hotels – in Phuket and across Southeast Asia
5. Organisation, NGO and Community Group
6. Family or Individual
One video from each video maker category will be selected and screened at PHIST 2019 and from the eight videos that are screened, one video will receive the Green Beat Best Film Award.
SUBMISSIONS CHECK LIST
1. The duration should not be MORE than 60 seconds.
2. All content should be original.
3. All videos submitted in a language other than English must have English subtitles.
4. The video should NOT have any credits or watermark.
5. PHIST will not bear any expenses for participants’ video production costs.
6. PHIST has rights to screen these videos on any collaborating media.
7. Only the approved videos will be part of PHIST 2019 and will be uploaded on the official PHIST website & social media channels.
8. Only one winning video in each of the six categories will be presented on the main screen.
9. Not abiding by the rules will lead to disqualification.
10. The videos submitted should ideally be recorded and edited in 1080 HD horizonal format.
Videos must have been produced after 01 June 2019
We are only accepting online submissions through wetransfer.com download to [email protected] . Video file formats accepted are .MP4, .MPEG, .AVI or .MOV
DVDs or BluRay discs will not be accepted.
Submitting your short video does not guarantee screening or acceptance.
Submission is free.
Submissions must have full clearance for all content before submitting. Any Issues that may arise due to infringement of copyrights is the participant’s responsibility.
When Submitting to the Green Beat 60 participants agree to the reproduction and dissemination of their videos for the display and promotion of PHIST 2019.
Video submission deadline 31 August 2019